Thursday, July 17, 2014

Arrondissement 5

District 5 was the last of the ones I visited; now weather I saved the best for last is an opinion entirely up to you but it’s a district that I sure miss.  There are 61,531 people living in the boundaries of this district.  80% are metropolitan born citizens and 9.3% are non-European immigrants.  If you wanted to stay in this district you could stay at the Hotel des Cannettes.  It’s one of our favorite two star beauties that would cost you €86 for a double room per night.  And don’t forget that Paris has plenty of grocery stores where you can find the essentials. 

 
A Dozen Eggs: € 2,26
1 Liter of Milk: € 1,35
Steak p/kg: € 25,75

Tourist Attractions:
The Musée du Luxembourg is a visual art museum.  From the Renaissance to Modern art you will find paintings throughout history on these museum walls.  Most museums stick to a specific time period but this one is awfully diverse and an incredible place to go to cross off your bucket list. 




Amazing Architectural Attractions:
If you are a nerd like me then you have read The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown and fallen in love with the many places that the main character Robert Langdon visits.  It was so exciting to me to be in Paris with so many of those places including the beautiful church of St. Sulpice.  It is the largest church in Paris, including Notre-Dame and such an amazing piece of architecture. 





Today’s Business Shout Out!
If you love Brandy Melville like I do, weather it was her singing and acting career or her new successful career as a clothing designer then Paris is a good place to find a piece of her.  Paris is the home of one of her incredibly popular stores.  If her “one size” policy and cute and comfy style attract you like it does me then you have to check out her store.  It’s a bohemian paradise. 




The Most Interesting Thing I Found:
Just outside the church of St. Sulpice is an antiques flea market.  I love Parisian flea markets because they are so full of unique things and interesting people.  This one was probable my favorite because of its location and product.  It was a unique beauty. 



I hope you have enjoyed your journey through Paris as much as I did.  It’s not every day that I get to see such history and beauty as I did in the beautiful city that I love.  Au revoir Paris!  I miss you already.  

No comments:

Post a Comment