Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Arrondissement 17

District 17 has 168,454 residents living within its boundaries.  77.7% of these residents were born in metropolitan France and 11.5% are non-European immigrants.  District 17 was somewhat of a disappointment to me.  There wasn’t much to see but if you wanted to stay in this district then I would stay at Hotel Champerret Heliopolis at 13, Rue d’Heliopolis for € 120.  Then you could head to the local market to find your groceries.

Eggs: € 2,08
Milk: € 1,35
Steak p/kg: € 12.56

Tourist Attractions:
Today’s tourist attraction would be the amazing Arch de Triomphe de I’Etoile.  The arch is aligned with the smaller arch, the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel at the end of the Champs Elysees in the Louvre courtyard.  It is one of the lines of symmetry that you can find in Paris. 

Amazing Architectural Attractions:
On 27, Rue d’Armaille there is a church that sparked my particular interest.  It is called the Saint Ferdinand
des Ternes.  As far as I can tell it is a fully functioning church and it isn’t located in a dense tourist area so it would seem to be the prime location if you are looking to join a parish while you are visiting Paris.  It has beautiful stone carvings on the outside of the building and the inside lives up to the other gorgeous cathedrals that you can visit in France. 
Today’s Business Shout Out!
I’d like to show off Kia and Opel today.  If you look around the streets you will find that these companies do pretty well on the streets of Paris.  




The Most Interesting Thing I Found:
Perhaps one of the most interesting things I’ve found in Paris so far would have to be this clothing recycling receptacle.  It was amazing to watch how many people walked up to put their clothes in this big grey box and how many people seemed to think it was worth waiting in line to recycle their clothes.  I also thought it was interesting because it was in such an open area and anyone could donate their old clothes and I found it to be a really exciting part of this district. 


I hope you found some value in this lovely district.  Au revoir! 

No comments:

Post a Comment