Saturday, June 21, 2014

Arrondissement 19

The 19th district is largely populated district with 184,787 people living in its boundaries.  I was unable to find the percentage of people born in this district vs. the non-European immigrant percentage but this district was my least favorite so I would assume it isn’t a popular one in anyone’s mind.  However, if you end up wanting to stay here then you could stay at the Hotel Paris Villette on 56, Rue Curial.  This two star hotel would cost you € 65 per night for a double room.  But I probably wouldn’t stay in this district if I were you; not just because there was graffiti on the hospital but also because there just wasn’t a whole lot to see.  Also you can find your grocery needs at the Dio nearby. 

 
A dozen eggs: € 1,42
1 liter of milk: € 1,38
Steak p/kg: € 14,72

Tourist Attraction:
Parc des Buttes-Chaumont is a large park in the heart of this district, and I would advise you stay more inward in this district, that you can visit.  On a nice day there will be a lot of inhabitants because Parisians love their parks and nice weather.  It is a fairly large park that you could take your sweet time in if you like. 


Amazing Architectural Attractions:
Interestingly, the 19th district is home to two canals and in the districts with canals rather than river they have a lot of bridges.  These bridges are not like the gorgeous, old, famous bridges made out of stone and gold.  These bridges happen to be made out of metal and look like they don’t quite fit in with the rest of the scenery.  This bridge that I found in 19 is one of the fancier bridges.


Today’s Business Shout Out!
This shout out goes to Yamaha.  I’m spotlighting this store found in district 19 as a representative of the number of motorcycles and mopeds on the streets.  You can’t even step out of the street without one of them trying to run you over or park where you’re standing, at least in my experience.  But if you’re looking to buy a Yamaha and that’s your cup of tea you can do that here. 






The Most Interesting Thing I Found:
There was a cute church near the bridge I came across.  I found this church interesting because it had two clock towers and most churches only have one and it also had much less of a gothic feel compared to the other churches in Paris. 



Au revoir district 19!

No comments:

Post a Comment