Monday, June 9, 2014

Arrondissement 3

In case you were wondering, District three has 35,655 residents according to the 2009 census.  73.4% of these residents were born in Paris and 15.6% are non-European immigrants.  I like to call this district the tiny district of museums.  If you get the chance some of the highlights are the Picasso Museum, the Carnavalet Museum and the Conservatoire National des Arts et Métiers. 
If you are staying in this little district I’d like you to imagine yourself staying in the Hotel Paris France.  It’s yet another two star splendor with a double room costing €107 per night.  You can find this spectacular temporary housing at 72, Rue Turbigo. 
And for your grocery needs I would head to your local Monoprix. 

Eggs: € 3,02
Milk: € 18,50
Meat: € 1,31



Tourist Attractions:
Today’s tourist attraction I would like to highlight is the Carnavalet Museum or the Natural History Museum.  It is made up of two neighboring mansions and can be found at 16 Rue des Francs Bourgeois.  It is a beautiful tribute to the history of Paris and I could easily spend a few hours in there.  





Amazing Architectural Finds:
If I could suggest a place that you must go in district two I would suggest the Conservatoire des Arts et Metiers.  You can find this wonder of Paris at 292, Rue Saint-Martin.  The Conservatoire translated means the Conservatory of Arts and Crafts but is actually a large museum of inventions that have shaped history.  The original Foucalt’s Pendulum hangs in this conservatory.  Not only does this museum have a beautiful architectural exterior but an amazing museum lies within its walls.  







Today’s Business Shout Out!This goes out to Picard.  This store is completely made up of frozen foods.  These are also not the typical over-processed, unhealthy, American-style frozen dinners either.  These are naturally frozen foods that are cheap and delicious.  If you are staying in Paris for a while or just want to try out a really cool store I would make your way to a Picard.  There is one in the third district just past the Carnavalet Museum or you can find them in other parts of Paris as well.  







The Most Interesting Thing I Found:
This is not my favorite thing I found because I really enjoyed district three but it definitely constitutes as interesting.  At the Maisons de l’Europe de Paris at 35-37, Rue des Francs Bourgeoi, it is basically an information center for Parisians on all things Europe but it is open to anybody.  However, the interesting thing I found happened to be in the courtyard.  It is a giant painted egg.  Very interesting in my opinion but I don’t know if that’s your cup of tea or not.  Enjoy. 

So maybe there was more smoke in the air than there was gelato but I hope you loved this district as much as I did! Au Revoir!



No comments:

Post a Comment