Monday, June 30, 2014

Arrondissement 9

District 9 is a gem.  60,275 people are blessed to reside in this district’s boundaries.  78.3% of them are metropolitan born Parisians and 10.7% are non-European immigrants.  I might be saying that district 9 is a gem because my favorite place in the world is there but don’t take my word for it.  It could be fun for you to stay at the two star, Hotel Mansart on Rue Mansart in a double room for €90 a night.  You can head to the local supermarche if you’re in need of any groceries. 


A Dozen Eggs: € 2,49
1 Liter of Milk: € 1,49
Steak p/kg: € 24,95
 


Tourist Attractions:
You may or may not have heard of the Galleries Lafayette but it is an enormous tourist attraction.  The Galleries Lafayette is a giant shopping mall of all the designer brands you desire.  If you are visiting the 9th arrondissement and you walk past the Galleries then you will see many tour busses lined up outside letting people out in giant groups.  If you watch the sales floor from the second or third floor you will see enormous lines of people wrapping around the bottom floor, waiting in line to buy their favorite luxury products.  It is a gorgeous building with so much to offer in terms of shopping. 





Amazing Architectural Attractions:
If you were wondering what my favorite place in Paris is I would tell you the Palais Garnier.  The Palais Garnier is the famous Opera house that the Phantom of the Opera was written about.  There is a natural lake beneath the Opera house just like in the musical and the author swore that the Phantom was real.  Whether you believe it or not, it is the most beautiful place I have seen in Paris and would be at the top of my list of things to do while visiting the most beautiful city in the world. 




Today’s Business Shout Out!
Today I would like to give a special thought to the Hard Rock Café.  Personally I am a fan of the Hard Rock’s all over the world.  It’s a fun place where you can be loud and eat a good burger in Paris, two things that are a little bit hard to do if you don’t want to stand out.



 


The Most Interesting Thing I Found:
At the top of the Galleries Lafayette you will find an amazing view of Paris.  It’s nice to have a view that includes the Eiffel Tower. 







I hope you fall in love with this district like I did!  Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment